Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Nant Irfon National Park

Disappointing not to find any Filmy Ferns - but then I only got to the first site. It was harder going underfoot than expected and ...

But the purpose of getting to know the area was served and some great scenery appreciated at the same time.

A promising looking site (to me) for Hymenophylum is the Nant Hir cascade - here viewed from the other side of the valley. And it looked to me that getting there from the north end of the reserve should be easier so a definite plan for later in the year to go that way.

Nant Hir feeding into the Irfon.

An impressive Downy Birch in the reserve

I also visited the only part of Hectad SN74 in Brecon VC:
Just the little promontory in from of where I was standing belongs to Brecon. The land across the Llyn Brianne Reservoir is in Cardiganshire.

No comments: